Monday, September 17, 2012

The Alma Awards. A night of celebration.







 The ALMA Awards 2012



This week I was also invited to the ALMA Awards. I also got to go to the Mayor's house for a reception hosted by the NCLR. What an amazing experience. 

I love that so many people are asking me about my film, even people who don't know me. I love being a part of the Latino artistic community. 

A funny thing that happened was that I was walking the red carpet yesterday and many of the photographers didn't bother taking my photo because there were so many bigger stars, but all of a sudden a couple of photographers that know me started calling my name and took my photo. This is how I know I've come a long way. Not there yet but very close. Not only  was I invited by the NCLR to attend the awards but several people on the red carpet knew me and supported me. They interviewed me and made me feel that I belonged. To you Angela, Aaron, Richard, JC, and many others, I thank you and you will ALWAYS have my love.  


Photo Courtesy of Richard Sandoval

No comments:

Post a Comment