Saturday, September 29, 2012

So close...yet so far. Maybe not that far.

 Inside WME
Last week something very interesting happened. I got to work for an agent at Willliam Morris. For those of you who don't know it, William Morris is probably the biggest and most powerful talent agency in the world.

I know this agent because she's the wife of a dear friend. I always dreamed of being at William Morris.  When I'd visit Beverly Hills,  I'd say to myself "One day I'll be inside those offices." Well it came true last week. I probably should have been more specific when I declared it lol. I should have probably said "One day they're going to represent me!" So now I'm saying it. One day SOON I'll be a client of William Morris.

After getting over the fact that I wasn't there to meet about representation, I realized being there was such a blessing. I got to learn  about the business side of show business. It's so fascinating, to hear people making deals, schmoozing, talking scripts and events and Emmys, I really felt like I was in the inside. Not to mention that my job was to update her contacts, so I had in my hands the cell phone numbers and contact information for some of the world's biggest stars! It was so exciting. Of course I didn't call them but I got to see that they're just people. Hard working talented people that at one point were in the same place where I am. 
This is what I learned, at the end of the day this is a business. If you are marketable, have a product and image that will make money, many people will support you. I believe in my core that what I have to give is marketable. So here's to becoming a brand and making a difference in entertainment!



PS: I'm also so happy that HOMEBOUND finally has an IMDB page!!!
Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2411218/

The Official Poster for Homebound
 


No comments:

Post a Comment